How much is my house worth? Find out now.
- Free property valuation
- Instant and no catches
- Results in a few seconds!
- Compare Rightmove & Zoopla
- Do it before instructing Agents!
Selling? Find out how much you can get today.
Enter your postcode for a cash valuation.
Compare with the property calculator.
Accept a cash offer or use as a guide for selling.
Essentials - Property Valuations
What’s my house worth when selling or raising finance?
How are property online valuations worked out?
What factors affect the value of a property?
Wondering how much your property is worth but don’t want to go through expensive surveyors or estate agents to find out?
Quickly check the estimated market value of your home by entering your postcode into the house valuation calculator..
You can also use the assessment tool for more than just one property to compile a house price comparison report.
We are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as this is not a requirement to give estimated property valuations.
How do I work out how much my house is worth when selling?
1. If you're moving home and want to sell your house quickly, then you may need to accept less money as there will be little time to market your home properly to prospective buyers. Home valuations from professionals are simply a guide.
2. If you have a reasonable time-scale to sell, then more competing buyers can be found who will bid the house price up, and you’ll get a higher price when selling. A reasonable marketing period is 6 to 9 months to get the most value for selling your home.
3. Pricing is important at the outset, price too low and you'll get an instant buyer but you'll be left wondering if you could have got more.
4. Price too high and no one will even look at your property on Rightmove or Zoopla.
5. The more exposure your property gets, the more chance you have of finding a buyer.
How do mortgage or finance companies work out my home's value when raising finance?
1. Mortgage companies will arrive at a lower value for your home, perhaps using a three-month selling period because they don’t want to hang on to your home if they need to repossess it.
2. Finance companies repossessing homes want a fast sale and will look for buyers in a position to purchase quickly.
3. A mortgage company may even consider auctioning the property, and therefore a lower sale price would be expected.
What are the benefits of a free house valuation – a price comparison report of your house?
1. You will be able to sell your property through an agent knowing its real value.
2. We check home prices for homes with Zoopla’s current estimated values, so you don’t have to!
3. Every house or property valuation is cost-free and without obligation.
4. Negotiate favourably with quick sale firms, as you’ll know your home’s worth.
How is a property valuation worked out?
We’ve put together a few of the key stages of how we work out a property’s value.
It includes three critical Stages:
1. Compare the house prices of similar properties for sale
We compare current advertised house prices of properties for sale that are similar to yours on the Rightmove ‘homes for sale’ section, or Zoopla, to estimate the value of your property which gives a good indication of how much your house is worth.
2. Check the sold price of properties using the Land Registry or Zoopla websites
We check sold house prices, they vary enormously from town to town, but by looking at how much a house sold for, using the Land Registry or Zoopla websites, then we can estimate property values better.
House valuation calculators help with checking sold house prices and factor in past house price increases.
3. See if there any special features or amenities impacting on a property's value
Of course, all homes are different to others; some have larger plots, have garages, extensions, construction defects, in low crime areas or have an upgraded décor.
Is there any proper guide for working out a house's value?
To set standards for valuing property, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) definition is that the market value of a property is:
‘The estimated amount for which an asset or liability should exchange on the valuation date between a willing buyer and a willing seller in an arm’s length transaction after proper marketing and where the parties had each acted knowledgeably, prudently and without compulsion.’ Source: RICS.
What factors affect the value of my property, what can I do to increase the value when selling?
Many factors can increase or reduce the value of your home. Some of these are outside your control, such as living in a crime-ridden area or next to electric pylons or a wind farm. Other negative factors can turn positive.
A messy, unkempt garden given a makeover. An untidy house spruced up, decluttered, small maintenance jobs carried out, and your home can be transformed making it much more appealing to buyers who’ll pay more. These are factors which potentially increase home values.
What percentage of full market value can I get when selling my house to companies like Flying Homes?
When you sell your home fast to Flying Homes, you can expect to receive in the region of 75% to 95% of your property’s current market value. Every fast house buyer has their way of evaluating a property and making an offer.
Generally speaking, you will be able to cash in on more of your home’s value if you wait a few weeks. If you need a sale within days, you should expect to receive nearer 75% of market value.
Selling fast to a property buyer can be useful if you need a quick sale as a result of ill health or job loss, etc.
What is meant by a percentage of market value?
In many cases, the real value of a property is what someone is prepared to pay for it. For example, take the value of a house advertised with a ‘High Street’ estate agent, the asking price is usually structured with the intention of the property being on the market for many months, or even longer.
The advertised value is not necessarily what the property is worth in today’s market. The vendor may have waited several months to attract a purchaser prepared to make an offer near to the advertised price.
When selling through an estate agent, often they'll recommend a series of price reductions until buyers show interest. ‘High Street’ estate agents often inflate property prices to secure the vendor’s listing instruction, knowing they face competition from other agencies in the area.
Sometimes the successful Agent also like to leave a margin to be able to discount later.
At Flying Homes, we calculate the accurate, current market value of a property, using real-time data of comparable sales activity achieved locally and recently.
Are there fees or costs to pay, or any long contracts if selling to a property buyer?
There are no costs or upfront fees involved in the sale of a home with Flying Homes. We make our money from buying your home at less than its full value and reselling it to other quick property buyers or on the open market at a higher price.
If you sell your house fast to Flying Homes, then we’ll account for all conveyancing and legal costs, even if you need to sell quickly to stop your home from being repossessed, etc.
There are no long contracts; some companies that buy houses quickly operate using option agreements, but we don’t work this way if you sell your property to us.
Do other property buying companies charge upfront fees which I’ll lose if I don’t proceed with a sale?
Yes, some home buyers will charge you a valuation fee at the very start of the process, often with the promise that it’s refundable or knocked off the price they offer.
However, other, less reputable firms may renege on this promise so get everything in writing if you agree on a quick sale.